Jul 29, 2009

Dr appointment - Reader beware of girly details

So... I went to the doctor this morning. First, I had to do a non stress test to check the baby's movement and heartbeat and contractions. I am having contractions but none that really hurt yet. Everything looked fine with the non-stress test I suppose. Then, my doctor checked me and she said I am really soft and dialated to a 2 on the outside of my cervix but more like a 4 on the inside because she could move her fingers all around and stretch it out. She then asked if I wanted her to rough up my membranes and of course my answer was yes since she said we won't talk about inducing until next week : ( So she roughed me up and she said she wouldn't be surprised if I have in the next couple days. I also asked her if there is more of a high likelihood that I have a quick labor and she said yes because I am dialating from the inside out and that it doesn't take much for the outside to open up. I am now going to start walking around as much as possible to have it within the next day- that is my goal. Maddy says she thinks she is gonna faint because the baby will be here so soon. Maddy heard me telling my sister all these details and, although I am sure she doesn't really know what it all means, she is so excited that the baby will be here soon. Myah has been watching a baby story on tv with me and she realized that having a baby hurts. She said " I wish I was a boy. Boys don't have babies, do they?" She said, "The baby comes out of your butt?" I am sure that these kids are learning a lot more than they need to about babies but it will be interesting to see what they learn after the baby is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers