Sep 29, 2009

Teegan updates...

Teegan has been growing by leaps and bounds. He is very curious and has had a lot of firsts lately so I want to write them down before I forget. Two Thursdays ago (Sept. 17th) we were in Utah at Dustin's parents house and he laughed for the first time. He has been smiling for a while and he is a very happy baby but laughed for the first time when Larry, Shari and I were laughing. Yesterday, he got in trouble for the first time... after much staring and plotting he figured out how to get his thumb in his mouth. We are in for trouble because now he keeps pushing his binky out to put his thumb in. The funny part is that he hasn't figured out that he has to wrap his other fingers into a fist so he pokes himself in the eye while sucking on his thumb. He can do it with the left hand easily but he keeps staring at the right hand but it just doesn't want to work. I think he is going to be left handed. Also, I was holding him yesterday while talking to Hayden and every time I looked at hayden and not Teegan, he would laugh to get to me to look at him. It was so cute, he did it about 10 times. Other things to know about Teegan... he loves the shower, loves the car, he is now out of newborn diapers, he has a mullet, he is too long for most of his 3 month clothes, he slept 7 hours the other night and sleeps through nights pretty good, and he is growing fast and learning every day. He is 7 weeks and 2 days and we have had so much fun having him in our family so far.

3 comments:

  1. He is definitely a cutie!
    I wish I would have wrapped Claires hands in little gloves that she would have learned to self sooth instead of her fingers. Its cute and convenient but it's going to be a nightmare to stop it. Prevention:)
    Oh and shave the mullet that's gross and it will help his hair grow in better and he is a boy so it wont look bad if you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and scrap the paci ASAP my best sleeper is Macey my only non pacifier/finger sucker kid. The rest stink at sleeping and getting to and staying asleep even years after we took paci's away. not judging just offering "hindsight is 20/20" advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I'm a fan of finger suckers as I was one for most of my childhood. I was told I was a great sleeper too. So who needs a paci! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Followers